Monday, May 11, 2009

Google Docs

Official Website: http://docs.google.com/
Official Blog: http://googledocs.blogspot.com/

After Search and Gmail, Google Docs is the Google tool that I use the most. I use Google Docs in a variety of different ways: a collaborative tool, a thumb drive, a budgeting tool, and an email attachment viewer to name a few.

Google Docs is not as full featured as a desktop Word Processing application or spreadsheet application, but the average user will probablly not miss many of the features that are lacking. As a basic word processing or spreadsheet application, Google Docs performs very well.

The two major advantages the Google Docs offers me are collaboration and portablility. I often work on different computers and it is helpful for me to know that I am always working on the most recent version of a file so long as I am working through Google Docs. This is also very helpful when working on a team. We know that we are always looking at the same document.

2 comments:

  1. I use Google Docs to track my projects. If I have an event a month down the road that I am arranging details for then I open up a new Google Doc. I keep a record of all the particulars, copy and paste all the correspondence, and keep track of commitments I have made and commitments people have made to me. It is the ultimate tool for covering your butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...I used to use Remember the Milk for tracking my tasks, but now I prefer Google Tasks.

    ReplyDelete